As an Aussie, I have found that getting up for the liveblog coverage of WWDC is pretty rough. The time difference means that the Steve Jobs keynote typically kicks off around 3am my time, so I am roused from my gentle slumber to go off and woozily hammer F5 for a couple of hours like all the other poor saps who can't get tickets. Other people however, have found an innovative way to bypass all these shenanigans; personally attending the session in real life!In fact, so many people have run with this unorthodox idea, that Apple has confirmed to Macworld that WWDC 2008 tickets have sold out. Apple are pegging the record-breaking attendance on interest in the iPhone SDK. I am pegging this on the fact that if Apple fans don't see a 3G iPhone in Steve Jobs' hand come June 9th, they want to be there to personally kick off a city-wide riot. WWDC insider secret: make sure you bring your own baseball bat or crowbar - the vendors outside the keynote will really gouge you with their prices.
No comments:
Post a Comment